With all the attention and love we give our furry four-legged friends, it just makes sense that we weave sustainability into their lives as well. Over the past decade, eco-friendly options for canines, felines and other pets have burgeoned to cover shampoo, litter, flea treatment, toys and food.
It’s easy to shrink your pet’s environmental paw print dramatically while also helping it gain health benefits. Here are a few ways to green your pets and give them an eco-friendly edge.
1) Choose Eco-Friendly Supplies – Look for products made of biodegradable materials, that are free of plastics, or that can be or have been recycled.
2) Select The Least Toxic Flea Med Option – Check online for tips to fighting fleas without pesticides. If you must use pesticides, opt for a topical, spot-on treatment instead of powders, collars or sprays. If you live in a region that has a true winter, ask your vet about limiting treatments during warmer flea season months.
3) Be A Green Doggy Pooper-Scooper – Always clean up after your pet. Poop can make humans and animals sick when it’s washed down storm drains into waterways. A great green move is to purchase biodegradable poop bags that are flushable. Check for eco-friendly kitty litter as well.
4) Think Before You Toss – Shampoos, meds and flea treatments can all potentially pollute water and soil when simply tossed into the trash. Call 800-CLEAN-UP for safe solutions in disposing of these.
5) Purchase Locally Made and Organic Pet Foods – Purchase “Made in the USA” foods, using ingredients that did not travel far. Check what other environmentally friendly practices your pet food company embraces. Here at Evanger’s, we are proud to incorporate eco-friendly business practices in every aspect of our manufacturing. From using local ingredients and packaging to using recycled materials everywhere we can. Did you know that our facility creates the equivalent of one 60 gallon family-sized garbage can of waste each day?
Evanger’s also features a full organic line of foods that are nutritionally complete and balanced. Ideal for cats, Evanger’s Organic Braised Chicken Dinner is a certified, holistic option that’s naturally cooked in its own juices.
Fido will love our 100% Organic Cooked Chicken that’s simmered in natural well water.
Grain- and gluten-free, it’s a great complement to our Super Premium and Grain Free dry foods. It can also be mixed with Evanger's canned Vegetarian Dinner to make a complete, balanced and nutritious diet.