A Unique Twist on Evanger's Foods - DIY Treats


Joanna Faber recently shared a very fun way to help her dog and his pals raise money to support their local park, the Friends of Kenton Paw Park in Covington, Kentucky. Joanna combines Evanger's 100% meats with other ingredients to make delicious cookies and treats, which helps create and sustain attractive paw park areas in Kenton County. We were so delighted to hear about the impact Joanna is making with our foods that we wanted to share her story and wonderful recipes:

"I make my own dog cookies for my own dog and for all his friends at the Kenton Paw Park. I make treats for sale at our fund raising events and they always sell out. Every dog likes treats made with real meat and the especially the gourmet flavors. The dogs go CRAZY for the treats. I walk in the park and get sniffed head to toe by every dog hoping I have brought treats with me. One of the biggest hit this summer was the PAWsicles. I mix your food with yogurt and freeze in a paw shaped candy mold and use a raw hide stick. Every time I make these we sell out.
The dog cookies are met with great joy as well by the dogs. Like I said, if I have any with me at the park, I have a pack of dogs following me.
We are always selling the cookies to bring in money for our park. I've attached the two most used recipes. I am always coming up with new recipes. I just got a request from a toy poodle.
Thank you so much for such a quality product. These treats make many tails wag. Every wag, make a human owner smile."

-Joanna Faber

RECIPE FOR DOG PAWSICLES OR DOG ICE CREAM
To make Dog Pawsicles, you need 32 OZ of Plain Yogurt and 2 cans of Evanger's 100% meat. Simply mix the yogurt and Evanger's 100% meats together, then freeze the product onto a rawhide stick. The result - a delicious, creative, and affordable Pawsicle. This is a great recipe for fundraisers, dog birthday parties, or served as a treat!


Evanger's would once again like to thank Joanna and The Friends of Kenton Paw Park for submitting this recipe. We hope that local pets of Covington are able to make it out to their event on October 10th and 11th in honor of Pet Appreciation Weekend. More information can be found at http://www.kentonpawpark.com/Start.htm.

Comments