Meet Juno, the Rescued Beagle

We recently held an "I WANT SWEET POTATO!" contest on its facebook fan page, and the entries were fantastic! A very special dog, Juno, won some canned sweet potato, as well as our hearts.
Here is an excerpt from Juno Rescued Beagle's web site:
My name is Juno and I am a rescued beagle. My life started in a laboratory where I along with 119 other beagles were used as testing subjects for cosmetics and household items. In April of 2010 the lab closed their doors for good. Luckily for us some wonderful people from Best Friends Animal Society in Kanab, UT and Pets Alive Animal Sanctuary in Middletown, NY stepped in and rescued us. In the beginning I was seeing things that were completely new to me. Being outside, feeling grass, having good food and people to pet and care for me. I have a forever home with my very own family and have learned a lot about what it’s like to just be a dog and life is good.
In June of 2011 I became a certified therapy dog with Therapy Dogs International. It is my job to bring smiles and happy wags to those in the world who need it the most. Not a day goes by that I am not finding trouble or adventure, sometimes both!

I am named after the Roman Goddess, Juno who was best known for her protection of the people. I always do my best to do my job and protect my people and to bring smiles and wags to everyone I meet and to educate people about animal testing and how each of us can make small changes in our own lives to bring about an end to that outdated practice.

Well, Juno, we are SO happy you were one of the winners of our contest, and so happy you have a great forever home with great parents!! We're glad you're enjoying your sweet potato!

Sincerely,
Holly Sher
President of Evanger's Dog & Cat Food Company

Comments

  1. We provide detailed information on the many different cosmetic surgery and non-surgical procedures .cosmetic surgeon missouri

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment