2010 Calendar Is Finally Here!

After sifting through nearly 2000 entries, the calendar winners have finally been revealed. This year submissions came in from all over the world including North America, Europe, and Asia. The judges had a very difficult time narrowing down 2000 entries to only 12 feature photos.
The emphasis in this calendar was pets that best represented Evanger's core values of health and overall wellbeing. This encompassed happy pets, therapy pets, adopted pets, as well as Champion dog sport exhibitors.



Although the featured fidos and felines are cute and cuddly there are heart wrenching stories behind the photographs. Katie Grimmer writes about when she decided to bring home January's winner, Roxy the Roxstar:

"I've always been a strong supporter of pet adoptions and all the
wonderful work that shelters, sanctuaries and loving foster homes provide for
homeless animals. While browsing a local animal shelter website, I saw a photo
of a 3 year-old, jet-black dog and immediately fell in love. While she was
fantastic at learning commands, tricks, walking outside and was potty trained -
she did lack social skills. If there was an, "incident" with people and other
animals, she would give me a remorseful look as if to plead, 'I'm sorry, please
don't give up on me.' I remind myself that a parent wouldn't give up on their
child if they were going through the same thing. Things don't always come out
perfectly or in a nice, neat little package. I made a commitment to her and I
wasn't going to give up."
Calendars are available at http://www.evangersdogfood.com/ for $5.95. Look at the cover to see if you can find your submission!

Comments